SPARK – The Energy Conference
Urjanet is thrilled to announce our second annual energy conference, SPARK ’14. This unique 2-day event brings together individuals who are driving change at the intersection of energy, sustainability, and big data. Top energy, facilities, accounting, and sustainability professionals, plus energy management solution providers, and energy industry analysts from around the world will convene at the
event to discuss and debate the critical challenges facing the energy industry.
“Energy is now a global topic. Reducing energy consumption and furthering sustainability are being taken very seriously at the executive level,” said Urjanet’s CEO Sanjoy Malik. “We’re thrilled to host an event that brings together the best and brightest leaders in energy management and sustainability.”
The goal of SPARK is simple: to create a friendly and collaborative forum in an enjoyable setting where attendees can exchange ideas, insights and opinions on energy management techniques, solutions and best practices that can help participating organizations make smarter, more profitable and eco-friendly decisions. During this complimentary conference, attendees can expect to interact with key decision-makers and influencers from leading companies.
“The complex nature of today’s energy management and sustainability challenges makes it very difficult to implement and sustain transformational improvements without access to energy data,” said Craig Engelbrecht, Director of Smart Services and Technology for Siemens, who will be presenting at SPARK ‘14. “We are looking forward to our time in Atlanta, and hearing how other Urjanet customers and partners are tackling these challenges to deliver measurable value to a global economy.”
Attendees will participate in engaging presentations and breakout sessions with thought leaders and subject matter experts from leading companies across diverse industries including manufacturing, transportation, multi-family housing, food and beverage, plus energy management services and energy software providers.
“I’m excited to present to this esteemed group gathering at SPARK,” said Francis Quinn, Director of Sustainability Technologies at Workiva. “We selected Urjanet as our partner to bring big energy data to the Wdesk Sustainability Reporting platform, helping our customers improve business performance. I look forward to learning how other leading firms are tackling energy data collection challenges.”
6 – 8:30 p.m. Welcome Cocktail Reception
Join fellow conference attendees for drinks and heavy appetizers at The Georgia Tech Hotel & Conference Center – Club Room.
7 – 8 a.m. Registration Breakfast & Solution Zone at The Georgia Tech Hotel & Conference Center
8 – 8:15 a.m. Welcome
- Erik Becker – VP of Sales, Urjanet
- David Ratcliffe – retired Chairman, Southern Company
8:15 – 8:45 a.m. “Urjanet – What’s New?” Sanjoy Malik – CEO, Urjanet
8:45 – 9:30 a.m. “The Evolution of Sustainability Reporting” Francis Quinn – Director of Sustainability Technologies, Workiva
9:30 – 9:45 a.m. Morning Break & Solution Zone to see the latest innovations from our partners.
9:45 – 10:15 a.m. “Energy Data – The New Strategic Asset” Alisdair McDougall – Research Analyst, Verdantix
10:15 – 10:45 a.m. “The Rise of Energy Intelligence” Peter Evans, PhD – VP, The Center for Global Enterprise at Georgia Tech
10:45 – 11:15 a.m. “The Future of Renewable Resources” Norrie McKenzie – VP of Renewable Development, Georgia Power
11:15 a.m. – 12 p.m. Panel: “What’s Driving Corporate Energy Conservation?”
- PJ Newcomb – Program Manager, Sustainability, Coca-Cola North America
- Keith Mask – Vice President, Energy and Engineering, Cox Enterprises
- Roy Buchert, PE – Energy Director, Restaurant Solutions, McDonald’s
- Bill Moir – Director of Global Procurement: Facilities and Equipment, UPS
12 – 12:45 p.m. Lunch & Solutions Zone at The Georgia Tech Hotel Restaurant
12:45 – 2:15 p.m. Breakout Session A
- Jerry Dolinsky – CEO, Verisae
- Steve Heinz – CEO, EnergyCAP
- Bob Bittner – Manager, Professional Services, Dude Solutions
12:45 – 2:15 p.m. Breakout Session B
- Craig Engelbrecht – Director, Smart Services & Technologies, Siemens
- Jay Zoellner – EVP/General Manager, Ameresco
- Jeff Floyd – VP, Global Data Operations, Schneider Electric
2:15 – 2:30 pm Afternoon Break & Solution Zone
2:30 – 3 p.m. Urjanet Product Roadmap
- D.j. Amis – Director of Product Management
- Ted Cullen – Director of Support
- Tim Porter – Director of OEM/Channel Sales
3 – 3:45 p.m. Panel: Emerging Energy Management Challenges
- Joe Aamidor – Senior Product Manager, Lucid Design Group
- Chris Happ – CEO, Goby LLC
- Mark Raisor – COO, EnterScape
- Francis Quinn – Director of Sustainability Technologies, Workiva
- Moderatd by Alisdair McDougall – Industry Research Analyst, Verdantix
3:45 – 4:45 p.m. Vendor Flash Presentations – 5 minute presentations for Urjanet’s partners and solution providers to discuss their innovations.
4:45 – 5:15 p.m. Energy is Not a Fixed Cost, Martin Sieh, VP of Operations, Expense & Data Management, Ecova
5:15 – 5:30 p.m. Wrap Up – We’ll close the general session with remarks from the Urjanet team.
6:30 – 10 p.m. Dinner & Drinks – It’s time to party! Join us at Rooftop 866 just a block away from Georgia Tech atop the Renaissance Hotel in Midtown.
- Urjanet Launches Industry’s First Automated Utility Interval Data Service
- Don’t Underestimate the Cost of Obtaining Energy Data
- From Proposal to Contract: A Guide to Winning Energy & Sustainability Software RFPs
If you like what you’re reading, why not subscribe?
About Urjanet Inc
Urjanet, the global leader in utility data aggregation, simplifies how organizations access and use utility data, enabling them to focus on their business. Our technology collects, processes, and delivers data from over 6,500 electric, natural gas, water, waste, telecom, and cable utilities worldwide.